Popular R packages (latest)
I’m keeping a list of R packages for a variety of applications.
The goal is to keep this list fresh. Therefore, I exclude older versions of
packages which have been replaced (eg, I exclude
reshape2 in favor of the
Naturally, there is a preference for Hadley’s packages.
If you only want the essentials, then this is my list:
dplyr, tidyr, magrittr, ggplot2
Let me know what you think on twitter.
Specialized data wrangling
- lubridate for dates
- stringr for strings
- httr - pulling data from APIs
- matrix - Sparse and Dense Matrix Classes and Methods
- haven - for SAS, SPSS (replaces foreign)
- RColorBrewer - colors
- manipulate (RStudio only?)
Machine learning - general
Machine learning - specific
- vcd - Visualization tools and tests for categorical data
- glmnet - Lasso and Elastic-Net Regularized Generalized Linear Models
- e1071 for SVM
- gbm - gradient boosting machine
- zoo for time series
- nnet - Neural Nets
- devtools - An essential suite of tools for turning your code into an R package.
- testthat - provides an easy way to write unit tests for your code projects.
- roxygen2 - A quick way to document your R packages. roxygen2 turns inline code comments into documentation pages and builds a package namespace.
- digest for hash digests (?)